Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Janeite Tag!!!:)


Hey everyone! I've been tagged by Miss Jane Bennet, one of my dear blogging friends! Thanks so much for tagging me Miss Jane!! 

So here are the rules:


~Thank and link back to the person who tagged you.
~Tell how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life (this fun fact can be anywhere from "I stayed up all night reading Emma," to "I visited Chawton and met Anna Chancellor.").
~Answer the tagger's questions.
~Write seven questions of your own.
~Tag as few as one or as many as seven other Janeites and let them know you've tagged them.

Okay, here I go! My introduction to Jane Austen: When I was about twelve I read a few chapters of P&P but didn't get very far. Then my family watched the movie (95, obviously,) and I was hooked! I went back and read all six books as fast as I could get my hands on them!
Fun fact about my Janeite life: I regularly dress up and hold balls, tea parties and garden parties with my siblings.


 Jane's questions:
~Do you have a favorite Austen couple?  If so, what do you think their married life would be like?

Mr, and Mrs. Darcy! I think that as it says in the book, they would improve eachother. I.e., Elizabeth would teach Mr. Darcy how to laugh and he would improve her mind. 
~Who is your favourite minor character, in any of Miss Austen's books?
Oh dear, this is difficult indeed. It is distressing. One does not know what to think.
I really like Margaret Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility. One day I might rewrite S&S from Margaret's point of view:)

~List 3-7 of your favorite Austen quotes.
Hooooo boy. Here we go.

Anyway, that's quite enough, I think.
~How many JA books do you own?
All of them on Kindle: in real book form, P&P, S&S, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey and Emma. 
I need a copy of Mansfield Park and my collection shall be complete:)
~What Austen character do you think you're most like?
Hmm. I'm a bit like Elizabeth Bennet, a bit like Catherine Morland...
~Have you read the Juvenilia?
Yes! I love Jane Austen's earlier works. They are so funny!
~Favorite movie/TV adaptation of an Austen novel?
P&P 1995

and Emma 2009

So here are my questions:

~ Who is your least favourite Jane Austen character and why?
~ Where would you rather live: Pemberley or Donwell Abbey?
~ Which is your favourite of Jane Austen's books?
~ If you could choose to invite three of Jane Austen's characters for tea, who would you choose and why?
~ If you were one of Austen's heroines, where would you choose to spend the summer: Bath, London, or Brighton?
~ Who do you think are the most sensible parents in Austen's novels? 
~ Do you 'ship' any of the minor characters from the books or movies?

I tag: Miss Dashwood, Emily Blakeney, Ainsley Pontmercy, Evie Brandon and Naomi Bennet.

Anyone who reads this post may do the tag, of course:)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this tag! I muchly enjoyed your answers--and by the way, have I told you yet how much I Like your blog "makeover"? Because I do--it's absolutely lovely. :)
    Anyways...I think I'll answer your questions, if you don't mind; they're quite interesting. ;)
    ~Ummmm...is there such a thing as a "least favorite" anything in Austen? o.O Heh, kidding...I guess it's a tie between Lucy Steele and John Thorpe...no wait, actually Mrs. Norris. HA. She really gets under my skin.
    ~Donwell Abbey, I think. I like strawberries better than murky ponds, heehee.
    ~What?! Well...okay...my favorite sort of switches between Emma, Northanger Abbey, and P&P, haha. Just now NA and P&P are edging ahead, haha.
    ~Eleanor Tilney, Maria Lucas, and Emma Watson (from "The Watsons"--not the actress :P). Eleanor because she's just so sweet, Maria because I have always wished to give her some more attention, and Emma W. because I should like to hear the rest of her story from her point of view, and also because she's one of my favorite Austen heroines, haha.
    ~London, indubitably. I should LOVE to go to all those parties and dances--although if Henry Tilney happened to be in Bath, my opinion might change. :P
    ~Mr and Mrs Morland, of course. ;)
    ~Wellll...Jane and Bingley, of course. CUTIES. And then Eleanor and the washing bill man sound like they could be very adorable from the two-ish sentences they get. :P

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely long comment:) So you've read The Watsons? I read it and Sanditon only some author had finished it off and the part she wrote didn't really fit with Austen:(
      I'm studying NA for IGCSE exams this year and it's amazing what you can get out of a book once you've studied it thoroughly! I feel like I know the characters so well now:)
      Why, thankyou:) I love your new blog look too, btw!
      My sister and I ship Maria Lucas and Mr Denny......and we also think Caroline Bingley and Colonel Saunderson ("little Saunderson, I knew you would!") would make an interesting couple, don't ask us why!
      Wouldn't it be fun to write Eleanor's story?

      Delete
    2. I'm also doing Northanger Abbey for IGCSE! Well, I'm doing the exam next year, with my A-levels. So cool you're doing the same. I just had to pop in and say that. :-)

      And thanks for tagging me, by the way =)

      Delete
    3. No way!! That is so cool:) Haha you're welcome, I saw on your blog you'd already done that tag but I guess you can do my questions for fun!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks:) Make a blog please and then you can do it!!!
      I need to email you:)

      Delete